Shoot JP a message
Award winning mixologist, JP Caceres is from Cochabamba, Bolivia. He moved to Washington, DC at 19 years old, and began his career in the restaurant industry. He worked as a barback at Jose Andres’ Jaleo, and quickly advanced through the ranks and became one of the city’s most well known and loved mixologists. Before coming to the states, he studied as a lawyer at the prestigious Catholic University in Bolivia, but soon realized that was not his calling. His refined palate was much more suited to a career in the culinary arts. He had his first taste of Singani, a Bolivian spirit, on a trip to the Amazon with his father. Thus began the journey of JP’s illustrious career.
His positions as head bartender at Oyamel, general manager at ChiCha Lounge, head mixologist at Againn, and many more, allowed him to work his way up in the restaurant and bar industry. In his early career, he worked under renowned mixologist Derek Brown, as well as “America’s foremost spirits authority,” Paul Pacult. His impressive work ethic, and commitment to perfecting a cocktail, ultimately led him to where he is today. Today JP owns his own consulting company. In early 2014 alone, he created cocktail menus for an impressive 7 restaurants.
JP is proud to have worked with Oyamel, Againn, Bourbon Steak at the Four Seasons, Sidebar, Dirty Martini, Del Campo, Farmers Fishers Bakers, and MXDC, to name just a few establishments. He has so much passion for his craft he continues to learn and develop his skills. As such, he is a top graduate of Bar Smart, and continues to support the academy in training sessions. He has also taught seminars at the distinguished Museum of the American Cocktail.
Notable achievements include:
- Washington Post Top 5 New Mixologists, 2010
- Current President of United States Bartender's Guild, DC Chapter
- Former Mixologist at Washington DC's only 4 star, 4 Diamon hotel (Bourbon Steak at Four Seasons, a Michael Mina establishment)
- Worked under celebrity chef Todd English, opening MXDC
- Del Campo recognized as best new restaurants, 2013 by Esquire Magazine
- Nominated best Mixologist of the year by Washington City Paper
- Won numerous national cocktail competitions
- East Coast Brand Ambassador, Pisco Porton 2012-2013